Some Low Fat Alternatives
* For low-fat gravy, use a separator (from any kitchen store),
cool the gravy so the fat rises to the top and pour the
flavorful liquid from the spout at the bottom.
* Use half the amount of high-calorie ingredients like
chocolate chips, but use the mini kind, or chop things small,
so they go evenly throughout the dish.
* You can remove most of the fat from a can of soup by putting
it in the freezer for 10 minutes and scooping the fat off the
* To flavor your next batch of rice, without adding lots
of calories, cook it in broth.
* The three biggest dietary-fat culprits: salad dressing,
margarine and cheese. Aim for low-fat versions of each.
* Peppers, chives, garlic and onions tend to satisfy your
taste buds so you eat less.