With the holidays around the corner, have you decided to blow your diet or stick with it?
If you’ve decided to stick with the diet, here is a pumpkin pie recipe that’s low in fat, without a crust, which is optional. With the crust, fat is higher. Pumpkin is high in fiber – added bonus!
1/2 cup egg-beaters
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12 oz.) can fat-free evaporated milk
1 deep 9-iinch pie crust, unbaked (optional)
1. Pour egg beaters into a bowl. Add pumpkin and stir well with whisk. Add splenda and spices, and mix well.
2. Add evaporated milk, and whisk until well blended. Pour into a pie plate sprayed with Pam, or into the crust-lined pie plate.
3. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. If using a crust, you may need to cover the edges of the crust with foil if the crust seems to be getting too brown.
5. Cool completely. Garnish with fat-free cool whip. Refrigerate leftovers.