Chicken Cacciatore Take 2
I used chicken stock for this Chicken Cacciatore recipe because it’s lower in sodium than chicken broth.
I didn’t have a skillet big enough to put it all in so I threw it into a Pyrex dish and into the oven it went to finish. I also didn’t use 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Recipe: Chicken Cacciatore Take 2
Summary: Chicken Cacciatore recipe.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 tbsp chopped green bell pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes – chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine (dry) or chicken broth of your choice
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat garlic and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken,cook until brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the green pepper and onion to the skillet, and cook until tender. Return chicken to skillet. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer at a low heat 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Don’t forget to remove the bayleaf.
- Serve over pasta.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Italian
Fat: 36 fat calories