Recipe: Grilled Fruit Kabobs With A Honey-Rum Glaze
Summary: Oh my. This sounds simply delish! I wouldn’t use mangos, myself, and I would most likely use vanilla yogurt instead of chocolate..See how much fun low fat dieting can be? I mean, don’t eat it everyday, but you can treat yourself. This would be a heck of a dessert to impress your friends and family with.
- 2 tablespoons dark rum[optional]
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint chocolate low fat yogurt
- In a bowl, blend rum, honey and cinnamon. Reserve.
- Peel and cube pineapple and mango. Cut bananas into 1-inch slices with the skin on.
- Skewer onto soaked bamboo skewers.
- Over direct medium heat, grill the skewered fruit, turning occasionally and brushing with the honey-rum mixture.
- Continue grilling, with lid down, for 5 minutes, or until the fruit is cooked throughout.
- Remove and immediately. Serve with yogurt.
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat