Recipe: Roasted Pepper Roll-ups
Summary: Roasted Pepper Roll-ups
- 8-ounce package low fat or no fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- Filling: in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add goat cheese, milk, garlic, and black pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in red peppers and basil.
- Assembly: divide filling among tortillas, spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Arrange spinach leaves over filling to cover. Carefully roll tortillas up tightly.
- Cover and chill roll-ups for 2 to 24 hours. Tote in an insulated container with ice packs.
- Serve: use a sharp knife to cut roll-ups crosswise into 48 pieces.