How to Choose the Right Weight Loss Supplement
If you type in “weight loss supplement” into an internet search engine you’ll find thousands of products claiming to take 30, 50, or 100 pounds off lightning fast. The truth is: there’s no pill, machine, cream, or anything else that will take off the pounds magically. The only way to healthily lose weight and keep it off is through exercise and the proper diet; however, you can enhance your diet and exercise program with a quality supplement.
So how do you know which supplement to use? Well, there’s not one that works for everyone, but there are some tips you can use to find the supplement that’s right for you.
The first step in choosing the correct weight loss supplement is to choose the correct kind of supplement for your eating habits and dieting goals. There are three main types of weight loss supplements you can use.
- Appetite suppressant. If your problem is that you overeat and need to cut back on total calories, you’ll want to take an appetite suppressant so you’re not hungry all the time.
- Metabolism booster. If you’ve cut back calories and the pounds aren’t coming off, you may need to boost your metabolism. With these supplements, you can eat the same number of calories, but you burn more and store less. These help you lose weight and gain energy.
- Helps you stick to your diet. There are tons of diets out there that work great, but are so hard to stick to (i.e. the low carb diet). You can find supplements that will curb your cravings helping you stick to your diet plans.
You should also take a high quality multivitamin while you are on any diet. This will make sure you get the nutrients you may be missing out on by cutting back your calories.
Once you’ve picked the right kind of supplement for you, it’s time to pick a quality brand. Here are a few tips to finding good supplements.
- Go with names you’ve heard of. While your favorite store’s brand name probably isn’t the best choice, you should still look for products that have been around a while and that you’ve heard of.
- Do research. This will take a little detective work. Go online and find clinical trials that prove the product gives results. Just make sure you research the information to see if it’s factual.
- Find out who to call if there’s a problem. Reputable companies should have contact information on the bottle, in the package insert, or somewhere else you don’t have to search for.
- Look for a certificate of analysis. This means that someone has analyzed the product to prove that it is what is says it is.
With a little research, you can find the supplement that is perfect to help take off those excess pounds. Remember, as with all weight loss plans that you should talk to your doctor before getting started.