Recipe: Apple Squash Soup
Summary: Apple Squash Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 medium summer squash
- 1 medium steamed potato
- 1 large apple
- 4 cups leftover water from steaming vegetables or plain water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Combine oil, cumin, coriander, mustard, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne in soup pot.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft, stirring often.
- Peel ginger. Place in blender with 1 Tbsp. water and blend. Add blended ginger to soup.
- Cut summer squash into 1″ pieces.
- Quarter potato and apple, removing core and seeds from the apple.
- Chop squash in food processor or blender.
- Add potato and apple to blender. Use small amounts of liquid to keep blade moving.
- Add remaining liquid, a little at a time, working the machine until a soup-like consistency is achieved.
- Transfer soup to pot. Warm to just simmering. Stir occasionally. Add lemon juice. Adjust seasoning to taste by using salt and cayenne.
Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)