Broccoli and Pork Chops
This is a simple and satisfying dinner that you cook on a sheet pan. Juice and the seasonings added create great flavor to both the broccoli and pork chops. You can use a thinner pork chop as well.
Pork is a great change as well when you’re tired of eating turkey and chicken. A one ounce serving of a thick cut pork chop contains:
- Calories 53
- Total Fat 2g
- Protein 6g
You can plan your food around this meal and still not blow the diet. Make sure to use olive oil spray instead of olive oil to cut down more on fat. Add a starch if you would like – or not.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time 25 – 30 minutes
- Serves 6
6 thick cut pork chops, boneless preferred
Salt and pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning, divided
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
3-4 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Put pork chops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Spray pork chops with olive oil spray.
4. Mix onion and garlic powder, paprika and a teaspoon of the Italian seasoning. Rub seasoning mix on both sides of pork chops. Salt and pepper the meat if desired.
5. Spray broccoli with olive oil spray add the remaining seasoning or mix up more, mince garlic and stir around to mix everything up. Add salt and pepper if you want.
6. Place brococoli on the sheet pan around pork chops. Roast for 20 -30 minutes.
7. Turn pork chops once, and stir broccoli while you’re at it.
8. When done, remove the pan from the oven, move broccoli and pork chops to a platter. Allow the pork chops to rest for a few minutes before serving.