Makes: 8 Servings (about 1/4 cup each)
Recipe: Cheese Fondue
Summary: Cheese fondue for those watching their fat!
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat free cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat free Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt, cayenne, and black pepper, to taste
- French or Italian bread, cubed for dipping
- Heat wine and garlic cloves to boiling in medium saucepan; reduce heat and boil gently until reduced to 3/4 cup. Discard garlic.
- Add cream cheese and cook over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Toss shredded cheese with flour; add
- to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until melted. Season to taste with salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Serve in fondue pot or bowl with bread cubes (not included in nutritional data) for dipping.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 100, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 547 mg, Protein: 10.8 g, Carbohydrate: 5 g Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 Meat
Notes: If fondue becomes too thick, it can be thinned with white wine, fat-free milk, or water.
Three-fourths cup fat-free milk can be substituted for the wine. Simmer with garlic 5 minutes, then proceed with recipe as above.