Grilled Shrimp Salad
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 large romaine lettuce head, rinsed and allowed to dry
1 very small head radicchio or arugula, rinsed and allowed to dry
Olive Oil Cooking spray
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Toss the shrimp, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder together in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Cut the head of romaine in half lengthwise, leaving the root end intact so the leaves are held together by the root. Do the same for the radicchio, but cut it again into quarters.
3. Spray a grill pan with olive oil spray. Heat the grill over medium heat. Lay the shrimp on the pan and grill until pink. Turn and grill the other side. Do not over cook the shrimp. They are done when pink on both sides. Transfer to a salad bowl.
4. Spray the pan again with olive oil spray. Place half the romaine, cut side down, on the grill pan. Press down with a spatula. Grill for about 30 seconds until leaves have grill marks and are slightly wilted. Turn and grill other side for about 30 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board.
5. Repeat step 4 using the radicchio.
6. Cut stem ends off radicchio and romaine and discard. Coarsely chop, and add greens to the salad bowl. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper, and toss until all is well mixed. Serve at once.