Recipe: Arizona Chicken
Summary: I just love lime and salsa!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance or Butter Flavor Pam
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pound each breast between sheets of plastic wrap to uniform thickness of about 1/4 inch. Spread each with mustard.
- In large skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Stir salsa with lime juice, and add to skillet.
- Simmer gently, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve with whole wheat pasta, brown rice, or a potato.
Diet tags: Low calorie, Low GI
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)