The American Council on Exercise (ACE) has come up with their top 10 fitness predictions for 2008.
- Out of the Box Workouts – Think dancing, boxing, outdoor bootcamps – stuff that’s fun.
- No Equipment Workouts- Workouts that don’t use equipment, can be used anywhere.
- Event or Sports Specific – Marathons, golf, activities that help in everyday life.
- Boomer Fitness – Baby boomers! Staying fit as we become older
- Focused Workouts – Focusing on a specific area: core training , fat burning
- Technology Based Workouts – Download programs for fitness training
- Total Wellness – Preventing injury and disease by focusing on exercise, food, weight
- Personal Trainers – To help with a healthy lifestyle
- Hybrid Programming – Mind and body – think Yoga, Pilates.
- Functional Strength Training – Workouts to help with everyday life